Friday 27 November 2009

My Magazine Title

When deciding on my magazine title I looked at a few existing music magazines and found that alot of their titles weren't directly related to music. I would prefer my title to have some association to music because if I were to launch my magazine I would like people to know what it was about just by looking at the cover and seeing what it's called.

Two well known music related titles I found were NME-New Musical Express and KERRANG!

I decided that I didn't want my magazine title to be an acronym like NME but I like the fact that KERRANG! is onomatopoeic. I decided that i wanted my title to be something related to sound, and finally settled on the title NOISE.

I searched through a range of different fonts in photoshop for my magazine title. I was looking for something modern and different but bold, something that would be hard to miss if it was on a magazine stand.



Here are five of the fonts that I liked. I decided to use the first one because it is big and bold and eye catching without being too loud and detracting attention away from the rest of the cover.

1 comment:

  1. I like your explicit linking to other magazines. Try to comment on how your choices arise from the type of magazine you are producing as well as the advantages from a purely design point of view.

    ReplyDelete