Tuesday 15 December 2009

My Featured Articles

Dizzee Rascal Gig Review

Following a very lively warm up from DJ Semtex and performances from such promising support acts as Smurfy Syco and Newham Generals, Dizzee Rascal finally made his appearance on stage at the O2 Academy London.
Interestingly the age range within the excited audience seems to vary from about 14 to 50 and opening the show with hits such as Fix Up Look Sharp and Old Skool, the young grime artist also debuted tracks from his new album Tongue In Cheek.
A very lively performance was enhanced by Dizzee's playful interaction with the audience and the promotional beach balls being batted around above the crowd's heads. With friendly rivalry between each side of the audience (following a game of 'who can scream the loudest', spurred on by Dizzee himself), the energy in the room reached it's peak as the set was finished with Bonkers, which literally sent the crowd bonkers!
Dizzee Rascal is a must see, you'd be foolish no to!!

Ask The Kids two random questions and this is what you get...

What do you think of the new styles of music that seem to be popping up around Britain at the moment?

Josh: Well I'm a big fan of Dizzee Rascal actually, Tinchy Stryder and alot of those relatively new guys, what is it... Grime? Yeah, they're good.
Zainab: It's fun, we need some new sounds around right now, to break the stereotype of new British music, it's not all R&B and Indie Pop.
Nnena: Yeah exactly, I like going to little gigs as well, in the basement of a little pub, you know, that sort of thing. It's really a good place to discover new artists, some of them are really good.

We've talked about new music, I'm sure our readers would like to know if you have any old guilty pleasures, what music did you grow up listening to?

Josh: Well I don't think I ever liked anything too embarrassing... i hope anyway. I love Motown because my parents played it alot when I was a kid. You know, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson.
Nnena: Well sadly I was into alot of boy bands and girl bands when I was younger. Spice Girls, Boyzone, they're my guilty pleasures! Oh and I was always a big fan of Take That, so I'm really glad they're back.
Zainab: Oh yeah definitely, me too! Bring back Robbie eh?

The Kids' debut album Child's Play is OUT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment