Friday 26 March 2010

Evaluation




For this project we were asked to create a music magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread. First we researched the magazine market at the moment and how existing magazines sell their product.


I tried to base my music magazine on the conventional magazine. Keeping the layout quite simple, therefore letting the readers know exactly what they're in for. My magazine represents a few different types of music, when designing my magazine i wanted to make my target audience as wide as possible as this would make a more successful product.My magazine is aimed at young people f both sexes, who have an interest in popular music, finding out about upcoming artists, events, competitions and more.


I decided to use quite a consistent colour scheme of white, red and black throughout my magazine so that it wouldn't be too busy or too colourful. I decided to include information about lots of different varieties of music and artists in order to draw in more people and I included a competition on the contents page which may influence more people to buy my magazine. I used photoshop quite allot to lay out my magazine and to find more interesting fonts to use in order to make my magazine more visually attractive. I learnt how to use filters to edit photos and use different layers to overlay different components on a page.


If my magazine were to be published I think it could be widely distributed by a larger distribution company as it targets a wide audience and I think that it could be successful because it includes a range of music genres, and a range of different types of articles. I have learnt allot about the plummeting music magazines lately and what needs to be done to draw in more customers. I have drawn inspiration from other magazines and used interviews and existing articles in order to help me to chose and write my articles. I found research very helpful because otherwise I would have had no idea what to include in my magazine.

Overall I am pleased with the way my magazine has turned out, I spent allot of time perfecting it and would be happy to put it on sale as it is. I found this project a very good insight into the way magazines work and how successful they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment